Monday, November 19, 2012

New Girl Season 2 Episode 7

by Vochelle


After a break last week, New Girl’s back with a brand new episode this week. It’s called “Menzies,” and in it, we see Nick meeting a new friend, Jess AND Winston going through PMS, and an almost-reconciliation between Cece and Schmidt.
My favorite things about the episode:
1                                      
                                                      1. Jess’ PMS


Jess’ quotes about PMS:
-        It hurts. I feel like I’ve laid a million eggs and they’re all hatching.
-        I feel like I wanna murder someone, and also I want soft pretzels.
-        It’s not enough that I have to go to an interview with the red devil in my belly. I also have to go un-showered.
-        It feels like a fat man’s sitting on my uterus.
-        I was sabotaged by my baby box, which means I’m not gonna trust anything that comes out of it…
Girls, don’t we all relate?
1                                                     
                                                   2.  Old Chinese man and Nick



THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT CAN FULLY DESCRIBE THE LEVEL OF CUTENESS OF THIS OLD CHINESE MAN!


 The scenes on the park bench were so funny. Nick, after an argument with his roommates, goes to the park to… uhmmm, basically, be Nick Miller. A PMS-ing Jess called him out for his being unnecessarily angry all the time.

Uhmm, Nick Miller, when are you ever going to stop representing every issue that I have in life???! Lol.
Anyway, he meets this adorable old man who never speaks. He just nods and smiles and is basically everything that one could ask for in a friend. Hahaha. Remember when Nick said he’s always been like an old man even when he was a kid? Ha! Finally, he’s hanging out with someone his own age. Lol. Here’s hoping this old Chinese man becomes a recurring character!  

 Seriously, after watching this scene, I didn’t know what to do with my life. I almost died with laughter.

1                                                   
                                                          
                                              3.     Jess’ new job
Another thing that I liked about this episode is that we had a glimpse of the characters’ household dynamic when it comes to the basic domestic management stuff. We saw that Schmidt’s the strict disciplinarian. Poor jobless Jess gets smacked by his iron fist. It’s a good thing that PMS-ing Jess can stand up for herself by threatening to leave the boys testicles-less, just like Ken dolls. Lol.
Anyway, later in the episode, Jess goes to a job interview. During the interview, she becomes emotional over the picture of the interviewer’s puupy, which was named after To Kill a Mockingbird’s Boo Radley, and was small enough to fit in a cup. We can’t blame Jess for getting emotional, can we?
A rejuvinated Nick comes to the rescue. He offers to bring Jess to the old Chinese man’s water therapy place.Hence, this scene:



After Nick almost drowns Jess (Tsktsk, last episode, he punched her. This week, he almost drowns her? Haha), he gives Jess a much needed pep talk. In the end, Jess gives the interview another try and gets the job. Jess is now… (drumrolls please) a Creative Writing teacher.
What I didn’t like much:

1                                           
1                          1.     Cece and Schmidt almost getting back together

 I see the ~chemistry~ and the ~sparks~ and all that, but I just don’t get that much fangirl feels about this. Please get back together if you want to get back together. Stop prolonging the agony. Spare Robbie the trouble.

1                                                     2.  Schmidt’s Fifty Shades of…
Uhm, lol, sorry I can’t think of a good pun.
But can you blame me?!


I think the sooner we get done with this storyline, the better the world will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment